Thursday, October 6, 2011

Attennn-SHUN

There are several things I'm addicted to in life: competition, mountains, lakes, cheese, girls, and sports. For the sake of brevity, I'll focus on my addiction to sports. The major sports conglomerate, ESPN, has me addicted in almost every media mode imaginable. I watch their cable news channel to get the latest highlights and commentary. I listen to their podcasts in my car and on long runs via Ipod to get even more analysis. And if that wasn't enough, I check ESPN.com for any potential gap left in sports knowledge.

Some of you may be asking: "What if you wanted to check ESPN on your smart phone?" Don't worry! ESPN mobile customizes webpages for smaller phone screens. They have me connected via every port and sensory my body can take.

No other sports channel/company/network can match ESPN. That's why it's my drug of choice. I've even been to the ESPN zone which is a sports bar/arcade/man cave. ESPN has coined the phrase 'Gameday' as part of their coverage of college football on Saturdays. The network has a traveling bus that goes to various college campuses and students refer to the anchors coming to their campus as, 'gameday is coming'. And people that watch college football understand this phrase.

That is the type of 'blanket coverage' that can grasp the attention of a short-attention-spanned audience. It's a method of finding potential sensory gaps and filling them as full and as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment